By Philip Goritsas – CRS Director of Clinical Operations & Troy Nelson, MD – CRS Medical Director
May 16, 2019
Re: Change with Developmental Disabilities and the Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS).
Dear Parent or Legal Guardian,
DMG CRS here in Phoenix appreciates and values you as part of our family. You may have received a letter from the Department of Economic Security at the end of April that informed you about the DDD changes. We want to make this change easier for our patients.
DDD/ALTCS is changing on October 1, 2019. As a member of the CRS program, today you are insured by United Healthcare Community Plan. You will be assigned to a plan for October. All of our patients will now have a choice between two health plans:
- Mercy Care
- United Healthcare Community Plan
Remember – You can choose to keep the plan you are assigned to or you can choose another plan. You will have time between June 14th and July 15th, 2019 to change plans, during open enrollment. You will still have access to the same services at the DMG CRS Clinic. Both United Healthcare Community Plan and Mercy Care Plan contract with us to provide services.
Here is what will stay the same:
- You will still be able to be a patient at DMG CRS
- You will still have the same range of AHCCCS covered services at DMG CRS as you have now
Here is what will be different:
- You will have a choice between two health plans, instead of just one
- We will be adding new specialties and providers to expand services for our patients
- If you get services outside of our building, like surgery or primary care, please check with your insurance anddoctor’s office
DMG-CRS will continue to be open to treat patients as we have in the past. The plan you choose will not impact your ability to receive care at DMG CRS.
We are here to answer your questions. That is why we have created several ways for you to get more information about this transition:
- Speak to any DMG CRS staff member at your next appointment
- Call the DMG Transition Hotline: (602) 914-1555
- For questions about the new health plans you can contact the DDD Customer Service Unit directly at:
1-844-770-9500 ext 7 or by visiting des.az.gov/ddd-health-plans on the internet
Troy Nelson, MD
CRS Medical Director